Give it a thought!

Happy moments, praise God; difficult moments, seek God; quiet moments, worship God; painful moments, trust God, every moment, thank God.

Saturday, December 8, 2007

My Story

In August 2002, ten less privileged people were taken by me on a pilgrimage to Mother Mary’s shrines at Velankanni and Poondi, located in Tamil Nadu, India. This prompted the ‘goodness of giving’ to blossom in my heart.

I was then working for the Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance Company (a joint venture between Royal & Sun Alliance UK and Sundaram Finance, India) in Chennai, India. With the help of my friends and colleagues, I was able to organize many more visits to places of worship, orphanages, homes for the elderly, a cancer hospice, offering whatever we could, to bring a little smile and lots of happiness to the less privileged members of our society. Since most of the contributions came from my colleagues, I used to affectionately term these sprees as ‘Royal Goodness’.

'Royal Goodness' was also instrumental in educating a number of children in the years gone by. Entertaining children was given top priority and this involved trips to the seashore, picnics, movies, ice cream treats, presents, et al.

As the months passed by, these little acts of kindness have reached out to many individuals and families. Having moved on from Royal Sundaram to greener pastures, it was time to rename this small venture of mine so that it can get the recognition it richly deserves. And now you have it…….Whispering Hope…..at its best!

A very big THANK U to my family and friends who have helped and encouraged me all along the way in more ways than one.


Flora Anne Lazar
(Contact Nos. +91 98 404 32556 / +91 98 661 70313)

No comments: